- Special Sections
NEW KNOXVILLE — The New Knoxville Village Council held its year-end meeting Thursday night, passing a slew of ordinances in preparation for a new year.
Councilors passed the second reading and waived the third on a wage ordinance, after deciding to give electric department on-call workers an hour of pay at their Dec. 13 meeting.
“When we came out of executive session (on Dec. 13), we didn’t pass anything,” Mayor Keith Leffel said. “What I’d like to do is have the second reading and waive the third reading.”
Councilors also passed the third reading on two ordinances authorizing the transfer of funds. A total of $15,266.22 will be transferred from the Water Operating Fund to the Water Debt Service, and $52,300 will be transferred from the General Fund to the Sinking Fund for the industrial park loan.
In other business, councilors:
• Approved the meeting’s agenda.
• Approved the Dec. 13 meeting minutes.
• Approved a pay ordinance.
• Approved the third reading of the 2012 appropriations.
• Approved the third reading of an ordinance to waive the second and third readings on pay ordinances.
• Approved the income tax allocations.
• Approved the second reading to hire Village Solicitor Jason This and waived the third reading.
• Approved the second reading of an ordinance to increase the refuse charge $1.
• Approved a then and now purchase order for $22,5551.63 for American Municipal Power.
The next regular meeting of the Village of New Knoxville Council will be held at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 10 at the village administration building.