New Knoxville Hits All Levels
NEW KNOXVILLE — Preliminary test results indicate that New Knoxville Local School hit all 26 state indicators this school year.
The Ohio Achievement Assessment tests students in grades three through eight on various subjects. New Knoxville High School Principal Linda Tebbe said, according to what she reviewed, New Knoxville Local School made District Annual Yearly Progress (AYP) and had a Performance Index of more than 100 for elementary, high school and the district, in addition to achieving all 26 state indicators.
“According to what we see, we think we hit all 26 out of 26 indicators this year so that’s real exciting,” Tebbe said.
“The last couple years we’ve gotten 25 out of 26 and then we were able to pull it up with our Performance Index Score to add to that. There’s a lot of emotion that goes into those tests. I know the kids take them very seriously and so do the teachers. That was just super.”
New Knoxville Elementary Principal Julie Willoughby said because testing begins in the third grade, she felt responsible for preparing students and is proud of how they have done.
“We’re very proud of our teachers and we’re very proud of our students,” she said.
“They did very well. They worked really hard. I just want to thank everybody for their hard work.”
Although the school will not receive the official value added score until September, Board of Education President Stan Reineke praised all involved in the process.
“I would like to congratulate the students and the teachers on the OAA scores,” Reineke said. “Even though it’s not official yet, it sounds promising.”
In other business, board members also:
• Approved the minutes of the May 23 meeting and the special meeting on June 16.
• Approved the financial report for May.
• Approved the resignation of Jozy King, the elementary girls volleyball coach, and the employment of Tawnya Brogan and Mandi Shroyer as summer substitute custodians and Jill Roode as the high school and elementary girls volleyball coach for the 2011-12 school year.
• Approved the Family Medical Leave Act for Gail Mueller.
• Approved a contract for a nursing service with Auglaize County Board of Health for the 2011-12 school year.
• Approved the modifications for fiscal year 2011.
• Approved supplemental appropriations for fiscal year 2011.
• Approved the 2011-12 Student Handbook.
• Approved the purchase of a new gymnasium sound system through the funds from the athletic department general fund and other donations for $11,861.24.
• Approved the 2011-12 Administrative Handbook.
• Approved temporary appropriations for fiscal year 2012.
The next BOE meeting is scheduled for 7 p.m. July 25.