Friday Night Area Sports Round-Up
NEW KNOXVILLE 76, WAYNESFIELD-GOSHEN 46
WAYNESFIELD — The New Knoxville boys basketball team sped out to a big lead at the half and coasted to its first win of the season, 76-46, over Waynesfield-Goshen on Friday night.
New Knoxville at Waynesfield-Goshen Boys Basketball Photos:
The Rangers led 43-21 at the half after a big second quarter saw them outscore the Tigers 26-11.
Isaac Kuntz led the Rangers with a game-high 19 points. Both Ryan Lageman and Andrew Arnett scored 17 points apiece.
Lee Turner led W-G with 12 points.
New Knoxville improved to 1-1. The Rangers will host the Anna Rockets tonight.
Waynesfield-Goshen will play Benjamin Logan tonight .
VERSAILLES 72, NEW BREMEN 63
VERSAILLES —In the final four minutes of the second quarter the Tigers went on a 10-2 run and turned a five point lead into a 16 point lead at halftime.
Four players scored in double figures for the Cardinals. Carson Manger led with 19 points. Justin Heitkamp had 14 points, Luke Schwieterman had 13 points and Ben Homan had 11 points.
Three Tiger players scored in double figures. Chad Winner led all scorers with 21 points. Kyle Ahrens had 18 points and Damien Richard had 15 points.
Carson Manger scored on a layup with 2:57 left, but Richard and Campbell added layups and Chad Winner turned a steal into a basket at the buzzer to make the halftime score 39-23.
New Bremen (2-1, 0-1) will entertain Parkway next Friday.
Boys Basketball Scores
Friday, Dec. 7
- Botkins 68, Ridgeway Ridgemont 42
- Crestview 42, Delphos St. John’s 36
- Defiance 47, Paulding 44
- Elida 62, Spencerville 61
- Ft. Recovery 48, Delphos Jeff. 37
- Jackson Center 51, Russia 46
- Lima Bath 108, Allen E. 59
- Lima Cent. Cath. 47, Day. Chaminade-Julienne 44
- Lima Sr. 79, Tol. St. Francis 64
- Lima Temple Chr. 45, Parkway 38
- New Knoxville 76, Way.-Goshen 46
- Sidney Fairlawn 57, Ft. Loramie 42
- St. Henry 71, St. Marys Memorial 48
- Van Wert 43, Ottoville 37
- Versailles 72, New Bremen 63
- Wapakoneta 74, Ada 26