Fire Marshal Rules On Fire

NEW BREMEN — The state fire marshal's office has made a ruling in the fire that struck Fireside Pub and Que's Barbershop Monday night.

Public Information Officer Shane Cartmill released the following:

• Fire appears to be accidental, no evidence of criminal intent
• Building was locked and secured at the time of the fire
• The fire originated in the area of the restaurant/bar, between the first and second floor.
• Building was completely destroyed
• No injuries reported to SFM
• Case will officially be ruled “undetermined”

Fire crews were dispatched to Fireside Pub, 115 W. Monroe St., where the pub shares the building with Que’s Barbershop at approximately 6:30 p.m. Monday. No one was injured in the fire, as the pub closes at 2 p.m. Mondays.

The New Bremen/German Township Fire Department called for mutual aid from five area departments — Minster/Jackson Township, St. Marys Township, St. Marys, Chickasaw and Wapakoneta — to fight the fire. An aerial attack on the fire was led by New Bremen/Washington Township, Wapakoneta and St. Marys fire departments. Water also was pumped out of the Miami and Erie Canal to fight the blaze.

The building, which was constructed in 1895, used to be an opera house and the second floor used to hold ballroom dances. Crown Equipment owns the building.