- Special Sections
WAPAKONETA — Five Auglaize County residents were recently arrested following a four-month investigation by members of the Grand Lake Drug Task Force.
In a news release issued this morning, Auglaize County Sheriff Al Solomon said the arrests were made on Aug. 13 and Aug. 24.
Those arrested were:
• Samuel C. Jacobs, 25, of Wapakoneta, on four counts of trafficking in heroin and one count of trafficking in cocaine.
• Adam C. Moorman, 27, of Wapakoneta, on four counts of trafficking in heroin and two counts of trafficking in cocaine.
• Christopher A. Dickenson, 27, of Wapakoneta, on five counts of trafficking in heroin.
• Shawn R. Metzger, 25, of Wapakoneta, on five counts of trafficking in heroin.
• David A. Hale, 27, of Wapakoneta, on two counts of trafficking in heroin.
• Joseph E. Schosker, 39, of Delphos, on one count of trafficking in psilocyn mushrooms and one count possession of psilocyn mushrooms.
Five of the six arrested remain in the Auglaize County Corrections Center. Schosker was released on bond.
“We seem to be seeing more heroin coming into the county lately so our Drug Task Force is focusing on the heroin sales right now among all other drug issues,” Solomon said in the news release.
More cases are under investigation involving the sale of heroin. Additional arrests will be made.