Councilors Thank Trio
ST. MARYS — Local councilors recognized those who are leaving their city duties during their last meeting of the year Friday evening.
St. Marys City Councilors passed three resolutions of appreciation during their Friday night meeting, recognizing Todd Fleagle, Michael Kleinhenz and Greg Freewalt.
"It's been a pleasure working with them," Law Director Kraig Noble said.
"I'm looking forward to seeing them around the community, and I know they'll still be interested in what goes on in the community."
Noble also thanked outgoing Safety-Service Director Tom Hitchcock for his work.
In other business, councilors:
• Motioned to suspend the rules and then passed an ordinance to make appropriations for current expenses and expenditures for the city of St. Marys during the fiscal year ending Dec. 31, 2012.
• Motioned to amend an ordinance authorizing the purchase of various materials, equipment and services for the departments for the city, and they suspended the rules and passed the ordinance.
• Motioned to suspend the rules and passed an emergency ordinance setting forth the rates of pay and providing for certain fringe benefits for the police sergeants of the city of St. Marys Police Department represented by the Ohio Patrolmen's Benevolent Association.
• Motioned to suspend the rules and passed an emergency ordinance to appropriate monies for deficiencies in the original ordinance No. 2010-32 and any other appropriation ordinances for the fiscal year 2011 for the city of St. Marys.
• Motioned to hold a special meeting Jan. 2.
The next meeting of the St. Marys City Council will be at 10 a.m. Jan. 2 at the St. Marys city building.