February 23rd, 2015
ST. MARYS — The National Weather Service has issued a wind chill advisory effective from 3 a.m. to 11 a.m. Tuesday. Wind chill values could reach 22 below zero.
VIDEO OF THE DAY: NFL scouting combine: Winners and Losers
ST. MARYS — Don't miss out on these stories, found in our print edition this week:
• St. Marys City Council to vote on a possible land deal.
• The Southwestern Auglaize County Chamber of Commerce's annual luncheon.
• A story about a local student's summer business.
• Complete coverage of local basketball, swimming and diving and bowling.
ST. MARYS — The National Weather Service has issued a wind chill advisory for the region effective from midnight to 9 a.m. Monday. Wind chills could reach 10 to 25 below zero.
ST. MARYS — Here is a look back at some of the stories that appeared in our print edition last week:
• A fire destroyed a local home.
• Members of the St. Marys Board of Education's Technology Committee discussed the district's telecommunications plan.
• Members of the New Bremen Board of Education discussed refinancing bond debt.
• Three area men were charged with aggravated murder.
• A Celina man pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter in a decades old homicide case.
WAPAKONETA — A 29-year-old man was shot early Sunday morning in the 600 block of South Blackhoof Street.
According to a news release issued by the Wapakoneta Police Department, at 4:13 a.m. Sunday, officers responded to the 600 block of South Blackhoof Street on a report of a suspicious person in the area. When officers arrived, a call was placed requesting an ambulance because of a victim with a gunshot wound.
OTTAWA-GLANDORF 59, ST. MARYS 51
OTTAWA — The Titans got a big lift from the 3-point shooting of Brad Recker (14 points) and the rest of its bench (26 points) and held off the Roughriders 59-51 on Friday night at Hermiller Gymnasium. Point guard Nathan Wilker led the Roughriders with 12 points.
COLDWATER 76, NEW KNOXVILLE 62
NEW KNOXVILLE — A hot start by Coldwater allowed the Cavaliers to jump to a 42-19 halftime lead. Andrew Arnett scored 24 points for New Knoxville.
Friday, Feb. 20
Wapakoneta at Van Wert
St. Marys at Ottawa-Glandorf
Elida at Bath
Kenton at Celina
Shawnee at Defiance
New Bremen at Delphos St. John
Coldwater at New Knoxville
Ft. Recovery at St. Henry
Parkway at Marion Local
Versailles at Minster
WAPAKONETA — Three men, including a Wapakoneta resident, have been charged with aggravated murder in the death of a Uniopolis man in June.
NEW KNOXVILLE 70, COLDWATER 65, OT
COLDWATER – New Knoxville scored the first seven points of overtime. Meg Reineke scored a game-high 28 points. Kenzie Schroer added 22 points for the Rangers.
NEW BREMEN 42, DELPHOS ST. JOHN'S 39
NEW BREMEN — Alyse Clune led the Cardinals with 18 points and eight rebounds. Debbie Paul added 13 points and a team-high nine rebounds.