Archive - News Article
February 25th, 2015
ST. MARYS — Teen Trivia will be held from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. today at the St. Marys Community Public Library for grades 6 to 12. Bring a partner or up to four friends for some friendly competition.
NEW BREMEN â€” The Southwestern Auglaize County Chamber of Commerce held its annual luncheon and awards on Tuesday. For a complete recap, pick up Wednesday's edition of The Evening Leader.
ST. MARYS — A book discussion will be held at 6:30 p.m. today in the Wissman Room at Otterbein. "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" by Rebecca Skloot will be discussed.
ST. MARYS — The National Weather Service has issued a wind chill advisory effective from 3 a.m. to 11 a.m. Tuesday. Wind chill values could reach 22 below zero.
VIDEO OF THE DAY: NFL scouting combine: Winners and Losers
ST. MARYS — Don't miss out on these stories, found in our print edition this week:
• St. Marys City Council to vote on a possible land deal.
• The Southwestern Auglaize County Chamber of Commerce's annual luncheon.
• A story about a local student's summer business.
• Complete coverage of local basketball, swimming and diving and bowling.
ST. MARYS — The National Weather Service has issued a wind chill advisory for the region effective from midnight to 9 a.m. Monday. Wind chills could reach 10 to 25 below zero.
ST. MARYS — Here is a look back at some of the stories that appeared in our print edition last week:
• A fire destroyed a local home.
• Members of the St. Marys Board of Education's Technology Committee discussed the district's telecommunications plan.
• Members of the New Bremen Board of Education discussed refinancing bond debt.
• Three area men were charged with aggravated murder.
• A Celina man pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter in a decades old homicide case.
WAPAKONETA — A 29-year-old man was shot early Sunday morning in the 600 block of South Blackhoof Street.
According to a news release issued by the Wapakoneta Police Department, at 4:13 a.m. Sunday, officers responded to the 600 block of South Blackhoof Street on a report of a suspicious person in the area. When officers arrived, a call was placed requesting an ambulance because of a victim with a gunshot wound.
WAPAKONETA — Three men, including a Wapakoneta resident, have been charged with aggravated murder in the death of a Uniopolis man in June.