ST. MARYS — Crews from two local fire departments battled a house fire on Neil Avenue in St. Marys Tuesday afternoon.
Firefigthters from the St. Marys Fire Department and St. Marys Township Fire Department worked to extinguish a house fire at 1501 Neil Ave shortly before 2 p.m. Tuesday. There was extensive damage to the rear of the home and smoke poured from its roof and filled the surrounding area.
At this time, there is no official word if anyone was injured.
ST. MARYS — This weekend visitors to Grand Lake St. Marys State Park can help a local nonprofit group in its mission to providing new additions to the attraction that help keep tourists coming back.
The Grand Lake VIP Association will be hosting its first-ever vendors’ market on Saturday in the campgrounds. The event, which is scheduled to run from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., will be staged along the main road of the campgrounds.
WAPAKONETA — Two St. Marys graduates were named the royalty of the 160th Auglaize County Fair Monday evening.
When Sarah Wilker’s name was announced as the 2012 Auglaize County Junior Fair queen, she was surprised, even shedding a few tears after her emotional win.
“I was shocked,” Wilker said. “It’s definitely a great honor, and I’m very honored to represent Auglaize County.”
During her reign as the 2012 queen, Wilker said she will have to travel around the state.