Tuesday, February 24
Division II Sectional
Napoleon vs. Celina, 6:15 p.m.
St. Marys vs. Shawnee, 8 p.m.
Ridgemont vs. Minster, 6:15 p.m.
New Bremen vs. Spencerville, 8 p.m.
SPENCERVILLE 66, NEW BREMEN 61
SPENCERVILLE — Spencerville had four players in double figures. Jacob Meyer led with 13 points followed by Damien Corso, Zach Goecke and Bailey Croft each had 12 points.
Carson Manger led the Cardinals with 21 points and Deion Hoehne had 18 points.
ST. MARYS — A book discussion will be held at 6:30 p.m. today in the Wissman Room at Otterbein. "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" by Rebecca Skloot will be discussed.
ST. MARYS — The National Weather Service has issued a wind chill advisory effective from 3 a.m. to 11 a.m. Tuesday. Wind chill values could reach 22 below zero.
VIDEO OF THE DAY: NFL scouting combine: Winners and Losers
ST. MARYS — Don't miss out on these stories, found in our print edition this week:
• St. Marys City Council to vote on a possible land deal.
• The Southwestern Auglaize County Chamber of Commerce's annual luncheon.
• A story about a local student's summer business.
• Complete coverage of local basketball, swimming and diving and bowling.
ST. MARYS — The National Weather Service has issued a wind chill advisory for the region effective from midnight to 9 a.m. Monday. Wind chills could reach 10 to 25 below zero.
ST. MARYS — Here is a look back at some of the stories that appeared in our print edition last week:
• A fire destroyed a local home.
• Members of the St. Marys Board of Education's Technology Committee discussed the district's telecommunications plan.
• Members of the New Bremen Board of Education discussed refinancing bond debt.
• Three area men were charged with aggravated murder.
• A Celina man pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter in a decades old homicide case.
WAPAKONETA — A 29-year-old man was shot early Sunday morning in the 600 block of South Blackhoof Street.
According to a news release issued by the Wapakoneta Police Department, at 4:13 a.m. Sunday, officers responded to the 600 block of South Blackhoof Street on a report of a suspicious person in the area. When officers arrived, a call was placed requesting an ambulance because of a victim with a gunshot wound.